Thursday, May 12, 2011

Your Judge

So I got into a conversation with a friend last night, and he asked a question that I didn't have an answer for. His question was "When did you develop your religious views? When did you "become Christian?"
I didn't really have a come back answer for him, at least not to say that I already had something thought out, because the fact of the matter is that I'm not really sure what it means to be Christian.

I follow Jesus Christ because I believe in my heart, and I've just known from childhood that he is the King, the Lord, and at the very least, the greatest thing to ever happen... Ever...

The problem I guess with that is I've just always known. The only connection I can really give that anybody would ever understand is closely related to a statement that Adolf Hitler made in his book Mein Kampf; "If you tell somebody something long enough, they will believe it."

How that plays out is kind of crazy. At time's I'm thankful to have been told from a very young age that Jesus Christ is Lord, yet other times I'm discontented because I feel like I don't have any other choice then to believe it because I wasn't raised with any other belief system, or an opportunity to even consider the possibility that any other existence could be possible.
I started that statement correctly because more often then not, I am thankful to know that Jesus Christ is The King in ways that most people can't really comprehend.
At times, when I'm able to comprehend this existence in it's totalliay, and not just from the perspective I have, everything - EVERYTHING Jesus said makes complete sense and when I can even remotely comprehend just a few of his statements, it just brings me to my knees and I become so amazed at his wisdom, and shocked that he walked so long ago and yet knew what he did that I'm just thankful to have in my heart the knowledge that on my last day of life, and first day of eternity, he will be my judge and nobody else.

That's based off my new understanding of the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord, and only God can judge me, so why would I care about anybody else's judgement?

No comments:

Post a Comment