Sunday, May 15, 2011

So for the most part I'm really interested in all kinds of things. Not to say that I'm looking into different believe systems, but it's really thought provoking to try and understand other peoples perspectives of life. Comparing those perspectives to my own, and seeking the similarities as apposed to the differences is really stimulating to say the lest.
I had a friend give me a very valuable piece of advice recently. It was simply to; "keep what works, and leave the rest."

I can really see how that concept would be rejected by religious leaders because it voids their authority. Personally I don't understand how that could be a bad thing because the only true authority in my mind is that of Gods, so the less authority I give a person over my sprite the better I can serve God, and not the agendas of another person that's just as blind as me...
That in itself is a personal qualm I have with organized religion, and I'm sure that feeling will be made clear someday in God's time, but as of yet...

Anyway, the reason for this entry; I found another blog entry that seemed intresting and I'm gonna give the idea presented in it a shot and see what happens.
The idea is as follows:

1.)Take out a blank sheet of paper or open up a word processor where you can type (I prefer the latter because it’s faster).


2.)Write at the top, “What is my true purpose in life?”


3.)Write an answer (any answer) that pops into your head. It doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. A short phrase is fine.


4.)Repeat step 3 until you write the answer that makes you cry.
This is your purpose.

The blog posting can be found here: How To Discover Your Life Purpose

The idea seems simple, and maybe even unreal to an extent, but I'm gonna give it a shot but I'm gonna alter the steps a little bit to include "Pray for God to open my heart, and make clear my path."

A little personal information as to way I'm gonna do this; I believe that God has a purpose for my life, the only problem is that I have no idea what it is. As a result I constantly find myself jetting off into all kinds of different directions, and for the most part engaging in activities that I really shouldn't be involved in.
The scary thing about that is I've stopped worrying about what other people think about me, so the only judgement I have any fear of is that of Gods.
Not the kind of judgement that other people try to convict me of feeling, but the honest - true judgement of God.

That statement in itself could make up its own blog, so I'm not going to get into it, but I am going to give this "purpose" idea a shot.
Sadly I'm not going to do it as soon as I publish this post because I'm almost afraid that it's gonna work, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to know...
But anyway, I'll post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment