Monday, May 30, 2011

Bloody Sunday!

One thing that's worth noting is the fact that one of my pastors commented on my absents at church today, which isn't that surprising because it's the second Sunday in a row that I missed, and I've also failed to appear at the past 2 community groups...

Work and family events are my excuses, and they are kinda feeble in comparison to God...
While it's obvious that nothing in existence is comparable to God, I hate when people use church attendance as a representational attribute to anyones devotion to God. If I were to be moved by the Holy Sprint to walk across America in a banana costume, and thought for even a second that some how that action would bring glory and honor to God or His son, I'd do it in a heart beat, but if I don't want to go to church for a few weeks, I don't see how that can be used as a defining characteristic of my devotion to God...

Anyway - peoples perceptions of God's relationship with me is the least of my problems, and I don't say that to belittle any aspect of the situation. What ever God would have me do I'll do, but it's hard for me to accept that anything God would want for me would spring out of "people pleasing" motives.
The comment "I don't think your pleasing God" from somebody else is less of a concern for me then if my own thought were "I don't think I'm pleasing to God."

That's been bugging me a bit today, but aside from that the day was nice. The weather was kinda shifty, but the sun came up and I had air in my lungs, so I stayed thankful.
Work went well. Got my credits in.
Got to interact with Cambria which was nice because she's really interesting to be around. I kinda wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with her outside of work, but that's neither hear nor there.
Talked to Steven after he got back from San Fransisco, he's doing well.
Texted with Kristin a little bit, she's neat, but I think my motives with her are scud, so I should put a little more thought into that.
Brian is still an awesome roommate...
I didn't get a chance to talk to Rick, but I'm not gonna finish writing this until after 1am, so I'll have to get a hold of him tomorrow.

All in all, life's great at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment