Sunday, June 12, 2011

The first of the twelve

Be Trustworthy.

I wasn't able to stay very focused on that word today, but it was a mix between that and God, but ever around the end of the night at work, God even started to fade. (My focus on Him, not Him.)
It's now the end of the night, and I'm able to focus a little more on what's important and not just girls, and work stuff.

Work is work, it's just kinda something I do to make a pay check, and I really like it there but honestly, it's just a job. I couldn't put any more focus into it then I already do. I wish I were a better employee, but I kinda wonder why I want that... I can't help but think that my wanting to be a better employee has to do with wanting the attenuation of a few of the girls that work there, and not just for the sake of being a "good employee." Then the thought process of doing it, and being great at it for the glory of God comes into play, and I always seem to louse sight of that after about 20 mins of work, and after 20 mins after my break.
A side from that, being trustworthy is important for a lot of reasons. Before I put that much into what I have to say about "being trustworthy" I'm gonna give a definition for it.
Trustworthy:

1.) Able to be relied on as honest or truthful - leave a spare key with a trustworthy neighbor
2.) taking responsibility for one's conduct and obligations; "trustworthy public servants"
3.) worthy of trust or belief; "a trustworthy report"; "an experienced and trustworthy traveling companion"

It's kinda funny how I would like to have this kind of characteristic, yet I've stated time and time again "You can't have faith in anybody but God, because people fail."
Honestly that's true, but I don't think that's the kind of "trustworthy" I'm thinking about here. When I use that statement to describe how awesome God is, it goes without saying that you can't really hope for anybody to be as trustworthy as God, but I guess you can trust people to an extent - and as far as I hope, or could ever hope to go with having a characteristic of "being trustworthy" I guess I just kinda mean "doing what I say I'm gonna do, and being responsible for my responsibilities."

That's just what I got for it tonight, and I hope to made learn a little bit more about it, and have something else to say about it later.
As for tonight, I'm done! I've been up for over 17 hours... that's kind of a record for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment